Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 21, 2008

Mexican Señorita

Yesterday we drove to downtown Los Angeles to take GG to Olvera Street. Both R and I had been there years ago on school field trips. We both agree that Olvera Street is a place you have to visit just once.....and once is good enough for about 20 years or so. When you do go back, you ask yourself "Why am I here again?".

I sat down on the same bench I had sat on 25 years ago while on a field trip when I was in the third grade. I remember sitting there on that bench, counting the money my Mother gave me, trying to figure out what I should buy. There I was present day watching my daughter play with all the same toys I had contemplated buying years ago. I just sat back and watched with a smile on my face.

GG loved the toy she has in her hands.


She kept saying "Jumpy, Jumpy, Jumpy" and
would run around with it. Maybe she thought it
was a pogo stick?


GG modeling her new dress, sandals and moracca's.


Our little Mexican Señorita

3 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your Gabriella is very cute!

My Puckey's middle name is Gabrielle, so I immediately loved Gabriella's name, too!! LOL

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Oh my gosh, first of all, what a little doll you have there! Too cute in her little Mexican clothes!!

I'm not sure where the place is that you were talking about but it seems like your little one had a blast there!!

Have a great day!

La Familia Garcia said...

What a cool place to go for a taste of Mexico! I love her dress!